laptop hunters ads

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by koolkeat, Jun 8, 2009.

1. koolkeat macrumors member

koolkeat

today my dad was watching something and i noticed a the laptop hunters ad that came on. it was the one where the girl says "this is the best mac laptop for under $2,000, and it only has 2 gigs of ram."
    now my question, and the reason that this is in mac hardware is that the best mac laptop under $2,000 is now the 2.66 macbook pro, with 4 gigs of ram. at what point does this become false advertising?
    lol

2. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

Its Microsoft. They don't care what they do, and no one wants to mess with them. Microsoft is the Mafia of the computer industry.

3. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Are you serious? The ad was made before the new MacBook Pros were announced. Microsoft is supposed to predict the future now? :rolleyes:

4. MTI macrumors 65816

Oh, you underestimate the decline in morale and hurt feelings there is up in Redmond since iPod, Google and iPhone showed up. Despite being the 800lb gorilla in personal desktop computing with what, 90% marketshare . . . they needed to vent and Apple's price points were an easy target.

Yes, we all know how misleading and somewhat incomplete those actors in the laptop hunter ads are . . . but that's all they've got . . . when they're not counting all those royalty check deposits . . .

5. koolkeat thread starter macrumors member

koolkeat

i understand that, thats why i said at what point does it become false advertising.
    as of today, that ad is not accurate. so is there a point where they have to change/stop airing the ad?

also, this post was 95% kidding.

6. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

7. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

As in, they'll stop showing that one ad, and replace it, with another one, where a burly football player and his girlfriend, try to find a laptop for under $2000 that's fast, feature packed and got a big screen, which is why they'll go for a netbook, because like all the other MS laptop hunter ads, they never make any f**king sense with their purchases...