Laptop Insurance: Theft/Accidental Damage

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by real_murray, Jan 21, 2006.

  1. real_murray macrumors member

    Aug 19, 2004
    I just purchased one of the lovely new MacBooks. I added the extra AppleCare package because 90-day warrantee just isn't long enough, especially for a laptop with a new architecture.

    But AppleCare does not cover theft or accidental damage. Does any one out there recommend any particular company/service to provide coverage for Theft/Accidental Damage/Fire/Cola on the Keyboard/Other nastiness? :rolleyes:

    I'm looking for good coverage for a low rate.

    Let me know what you think, post your experiences.
  2. lordj4000 macrumors member

    Jul 17, 2005
    In unfathomable darkness
    I don't have any experience with this, but people have recommended Safeware to me before. And just a minor correction, you actually get a free 1 year coverage from apple. The 90 days is just phone support.
  3. cb911 macrumors 601


    Mar 12, 2002
    BrisVegas, Australia
    i would also think about buying some AppleCare, unless you're going to sell before 1 year.

    as for insurance, my PB is covered under the home and contents insurance. call up whoever you're using for that and see if they'll cover it.
  4. i4k20c macrumors 6502a


    Sep 10, 2005
  5. reh macrumors 6502a

    Oct 24, 2003
    That's 90 days phone support. You get a year on the hardware.
  6. bajones7368 macrumors newbie

    Mar 10, 2004
    If you have either renter's or homeowner's insurance, you can put a rider on that policy for it. That's what I did for my iBook--it was $36 for a year of coverage with $0 deductible. That was with State Farm.

Share This Page