Laptop Insurance?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Yebubbleman, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

Hey, so the MacBook Pro listed in my signature was a recent purchase that took me a good three years to save for, costing a good $3000 when all was said and done. Needless to say, I hope it lasts me at least five years as, if it gets stolen or if something bad happens to it before then, I really won't be able to afford a replacement. Do any of you know of a good laptop insurance plan that I can take on it to keep me protected against such calamities? Any information would be much appreciated.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Your bank should offer Laptop specific cover, so I'd contact them and also you're household broker. There is a company here that may have a US outlet...: They do..:

http://us.protectyourbubble.com

3. skitzogreg macrumors 6502

skitzogreg

This is a hard subject to tackle. I don't have an answer for you in terms of general insurance, but always remember that auto insurance, renters insurance, and homeowners insurance cover items taken in a burglary (I'm fairly certain). Make sure you keep records of all receipts.

4. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Contact your home owner or renter's insurance to clarify if it is already covered or how much more for a specific rider for it.

5. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Some credit card companies offer this kind of protection as well, as long as the device was bought on that card. There may be time limitations on that coverage though (90 days from purchase comes to mind).

6. mobi macrumors 6502

mobi

Your 1st line of defense is having the extended Apple Care on the machine.

2nd get a hardshell case and a good carrying case.

3rd for the catastrophic coverage, like others have mentioned, home / renters insurance rider. Good luck and enjoy your machine!