Laptop/Keyboard & Mouse Table?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thebreadking, Mar 10, 2009.

1. thebreadking macrumors member

I recently ordered a Mac Mini for the living room; I'll be hooking it up to my 42" LCD to act as another component to my home theater, but in addition it'll be used as a secondary computer for some design and SketchUp work. I've eBay'd the Apple bluetooth keyboard and a VX Rev. mouse, but as the computer will be in my living room I'm looking for a sturdy place to rest them.

So I'm looking for just a tiny table large enough for the mouse and keyboard. In my mind, I can picture a [-shaped wood piece that can slide underneath a chair or recliner, but I just got back from IKEA (which I imagined would have something like that) and was very disappointed; their one offering for a laptop table is ugly and not at all what I want.

So I'm turning to you guys. Are you using anything similar in the living room, or even as a bedside table? I'd prefer not to make it, but I can if I have to. Barring the [-shape I'd prefer, are you using anything similar that works well while looking great and costing little? Thanks a bunch for the help!

2. striatedglutes macrumors 6502

3. thebreadking thread starter macrumors member

Its an alternative I've thought of, but unfortunately its not a very aesthetically-pleasing one...at least the tv trays I've seen. Luckily, they can be had for pretty cheap, though, so I do still keep them in mind.