Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chuckee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
Hi. I'm freshmen college student who is going to buy a MBP very very soon :D and I am looking into buying a laptop lock. I wanted to know which type and brand of laptop lock users have had experience with and recommend. And if the combination type or the key type was the best.

Also...do you think I can use a laptop lock with an icurve? Or does the icurve lift up the laptop to a height where I cannot use the laptop lock?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
chuckee said:
Hi. I'm freshmen college student who is going to buy a MBP very very soon :D and I am looking into buying a laptop lock. I wanted to know which type and brand of laptop lock users have had experience with and recommend. And if the combination type or the key type was the best.

Also...do you think I can use a laptop lock with an icurve? Or does the icurve lift up the laptop to a height where I cannot use the laptop lock?

Thanks in advance for your comments.
There is another thread that a guy is looking for one like you want that has an alarm on their... Perhaps that will help. Sorry I dont remember the link...

I'm gonna use Undercover. Its a software, but still will protect your laptop pretty well. Sorry for no personal experience though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.