Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wiggy4ever

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
I am interested in buying a mouse for my ibook that can be used when travelling. It needs to be optical and preferably on the smaller side. It can be bluetooth or usb. Any suggestions? Thnx

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Have you considered the mighty mouse? It's pretty thing and it's not that big. Not to mention, it's awesome!

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
wiggy4ever said:
If only that would work convieniently with an ibook! It certainly looks like it will be one sweet mouse!

It would work with an iBook (if it's the newest Rev with Bluetooth). There's no PC Card slot to put it in, but it's still a very compact mouse. Even if you can't store it in a PC Card slot, it's smaller than 99% of other mice!

wiggy4ever

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
true, i have the ibook g3, but i do have a usb bluetooth adapter, i may look into that mouse...

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
wiggy4ever said:
true, i have the ibook g3, but i do have a usb bluetooth adapter, i may look into that mouse...

I don't think it's available yet. I personally would have to try it before I bought it, considering that it will probably cost quite a bit. It doesn't look very comfortable, but maybe to use once and a while when you're not home it wouldn't be that bad.

I wonder what type of power it uses? Does the article say anything about it? I was thinking it would be cool if the PCMIA card slot charged it, but that's not likely.

EDIT: One of the commentors on the engadget site mentioned that the end opposite the click buttons appears to be the right size/shape to fit into the connectors in the slot, so maybe it does charge itself. That pretty much limits it to computer with the slot though, unless there's a PCMIA-->USB adapter or charger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.