Laptop noise and heat issues

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by GhostDZ9, Sep 21, 2010.

1. GhostDZ9 macrumors regular

Hey guys,

So as some of you guys may know, my laptop was in repairs for noise issues. It took 6 days and the noise isn't fix and to make matters worse I ran a heat test and when my computer gets to about 65 degrees from sitting on my bed i get this screen below. [​IMG][​IMG]

I have apple care so my only question is do you think they will replace my laptop? cause this is getting riduclous

GhostDZ9

2. Messy macrumors 6502

3. GhostDZ9 thread starter macrumors regular

it could be anything and frankly its driving me nuts lol, do you think they will replace the machine?

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

It usually requires three major repairs before they'll consider replacing it. If you search around the forums a bit, there are threads about what it took for Apple to replace peoples machines.

5. mags631 Guest

Take it back in immediately and be firm, but polite. I would focus on how you were impacted by not having the laptop for six days and that you find it unreasonable that should go without much longer given the original problem was not addressed and a new problem was introduced. Simply ask what can be done to put this issue to rest so that you go on happily using your Apple.

6. GhostDZ9 thread starter macrumors regular

It takes me 25 minutes by highway going at 120 km/h im not taking it back the apple store I'm going to call then a give them havoc lol.

7. aristobrat macrumors G4

They can arrange to have it serviced via mailing it back and forth. That usually only adds a few days to the amount of time you'll be without it.

8. GhostDZ9 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't live in the states I don't think they can do that and to be honest I don't want to be with out it for more then two days

9. vukmaxim macrumors member

vukmaxim

Have you tried to connect MB to TV via MDP, to rule out NVidia problem?
    :rolleyes:

10. GhostDZ9 thread starter macrumors regular

11. vukmaxim macrumors member

vukmaxim

If that works, you can use your MB like Mac Mini with keyboard and magic trackpad included!
    :cool:

12. GhostDZ9 thread starter macrumors regular

No, i baught this laptop for school, and for programming i need to be mobile and im not forking out another 1800 for a new macbook

13. vukmaxim macrumors member

vukmaxim

Hm, they say MDP to VGA is not a trusted connection.
    If you can get MDP to HDMI just to try, it would be nice!
    Can imagine your pain :(

14. GhostDZ9 thread starter macrumors regular

you have no idea, especially cause i want to make an app for the iphone to make it more efficient

15. vukmaxim macrumors member

vukmaxim

Think you have to rule out NVidia, I had a problem with inverter, and the whole screen had to be replaced, and that was in those first 365 days, no :apple:care in my courtyard:cool:

16. GhostDZ9 thread starter macrumors regular

the screen was replaced, my first issue is it had a bloch in the screen and u could only see it in the dark, then when it got replaced the screen was extremely wobbly, so when i went in this time to get the fan noise checked out i told them to fix that issue too im not gunna keep replacing the screen every single time :S

17. GhostDZ9 thread starter macrumors regular