laptop recognizes iphones but itunes doesn't

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hiit'sme, May 25, 2015.

1. hiit'sme macrumors newbie

I have 2 iphones, (4s and 6 plus) and my laptop (Win7) recognizes both of them (they show up in My Computer) but itunes doesn't see either one of them. Here's what I've done so far:

- uninstalled all apple programs (except for quicktime, should that be included too?) and reinstalled the latest version of itunes

- updated the driver through device manager

- adding to the environment variable path, as explained on this page: http://iexplorer-support.macroplant...ener-process"-is-appearing-how-do-i-fix-this-

- tried another computer, also with the latest itunes, both phones are recognized just fine

I'd rather use my laptop instead of the other computer, is there any hope?

(Edit: I don't know if this helps but I also have phontunes and it's saying "Please connect device" even though it's connected)

2. rpetunderclass macrumors regular

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

4. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

5. hiit'sme thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thanks for your responses. I've tried all the above, but that doesn't solve the problem. I only have 3 usb ports so there isn't much choice, but I don't think it's the usb port or cable because the phones show up in windows and I can get the photos. I did click "Trust" on that "Trust this computer" window.

6. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

I had this problem with my desktop a few weeks ago. No matter what I did, the computer saw the iPhone but iTunes didn't. A restart to my desktop (Windows 8.1) fixed this.

Seems way too simple but have you restarted your laptop (vs just let it sleep)?

7. hiit'sme thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, I've shut down and restarted several times, even unplugged it and took the battery out for a while.