Laptop Warp on new MacBook Pro...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macman7002, Jun 20, 2008.

1. macman7002 macrumors regular

...I just picked up a 2.4GHz MacBook Pro with 4GB of RAM from an Apple Store. When I took it out of the box, I noticed, when the screen is closed and looking at the front of the MBP the right side's screen is raised up about 1/16 of an inch compared to the left side. Do you think the screen will warp even more? Should I try taking it back to the store? I would really appreciate any ideas and thoughts. Thank you so much in advance!!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Yes. try and take it back ASAP

3. Icarus73 macrumors regular

I think that's pretty normal. It's because of the latches that hold the screen to the body when it's closed. I dont think it will get worse.

4. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

On almost every mbp I've seen thus far, the screen seems to sit slightly uneven on one side (usually on the left side). I wouldn't worry too much.

5. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

when are they going to fix that already god??
    why dont they start making them better now??

who wants to pay more then $2,000 on a laptop that doesnt close evenly?? my $800 hp closes tight

6. MPHL macrumors regular

MPHL

Is there an underlying issue you would like to talk about?

7. shmutheprophet macrumors regular

Atleast that doesn't sound like much to me. If you can provide us with a picture it will be much easier to tell if its not a big deal or it actually is warped.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You're $800 HP also have a plastic friction hinge and doesn't have counter resistance against closing; this "issue" is documented; pretty much the only way to fix it is to a magnetic latch.

9. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Mine does this, but im not worried atm, if it starts to get worse, i will look into talking to an Apple Genius.

10. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Doubt it'll get worse,this has been going on since the year dot with the MBP's so it's normal & if you did try & take it back there only say it's within spec

11. RHD macrumors 6502

Normal.

Mine was like that when it came three months ago but as the lid is open almost all the time now it has straightened out. Some people pile books on the sides of the closed lid overnight but honestly if you just leave the lid up it will get better.

12. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I've had two MBP's and some PB's. They all had a little difference in front closed gap from right to left. Standard and within specs. You'll get used to it and none of mine got any worse.