Laptop won't turn on

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Katiana, May 13, 2010.

1. Katiana macrumors newbie

About a month ago I bought one of the new Macbook Pros, a 15 inch i7 version with highres matte screen.

This morning I went to turn on my computer and I thought I had turned it off last night, but it turns out that I hadn't, so when I hit the start button it woke up and then promptly shut off. I haven't been able to get it to turn on since. Absolutely nothing happens when I push the start button, whether I have it plugged into battery power or not.

I haven't dropped it, spilled anything on it, or otherwise damaged it, so I can't figure out what is going wrong. Is there anything else I can try, or should I send it in to Apple to check out?

2. rmbrown09 macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

Sounds like it's time to get it replaced. Are you leaving it plugged in for like 10 minutes before trying??

3. Katiana thread starter macrumors newbie

I left it plugged in while I was at school to day in the hopes that it would somehow help, so it's been plugged in for about eight hours since the initial incident.

4. eng42ine macrumors 68000

eng42ine

Bring it to an Apple store or call Apple and explain what happened, if nothing else, you'll probably get a new one.

5. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

+1. You'll get a replacement since it's under warranty :D