Large movies to burn???

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by BigRig, Aug 19, 2009.

1. BigRig macrumors member

BigRig

K, so here's my dilema...with smaller movies such as 1.3GB I use D-Vision3 to split the .avi in half, then I use Handbrake to convert each half to .m4v, then I drop each into iDVD and it burns just fine. So basically I have Disc 1 and Disc 2.

But I have some 4-7GB movies I want to burn to DVD, how can I do this without having to burn 8 dvd's just for one movie and without having to split and convert each piece? Most are in .mkv format at 4.3GB :confused:

Thanks, and sorry if there's already an answer, I couldn't find it.... if you know, please steer me in the right direction :apple:

2. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

You are talking about movies that you made, or ones that you stole... eh, I meant ripped from DVD? If it's the former, you would burn them to DL DVD. If it's the latter, you would do a compress to fit in the burning application, or just burn them to DL DVD. They are expensive blank media, but much cheaper than paying for the original.

3. BigRig thread starter macrumors member

BigRig

yea yea, ones I ripped already of course :eek: ... what app to use to burn, iDVD only holds so much...

4. jbuk macrumors regular

iDVD can be set to hold more by going to 'Project > Project Info' and changing the encoding to 'High Quality' or 'Professional Quality'