Large screen for editing photos with mac pro 15'

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by photogy, Jun 2, 2010.

1. photogy macrumors member

can anyone suggest a large screen monitor (21 or 24') to use with my mac pro 15' for editing photo's? I am a photographer..i looked at Imac - looks great but glossy screen and i read not best for photo editing for this reason and color calibration...tks!

2. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

Any ISP display will do just fine... Apple Cinema Display, NEC, Dell. I'm a big fan of NEC displays for professional photo work.

Cheers!

3. photogy thread starter macrumors member

thanks...do you also use a large screen monitor with your mac pro's? will the apple cinema display calibrate well with the mac pro screen? i have just ordered the syder 3...

4. photogy thread starter macrumors member

thanks...do you use the nec for editing photo's? again does it calibrate well with the mac?

5. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

I guess you mean MacBook Pro's...?

But yes; I use 3x 24" displays in both my MacPro and MacBook Pro. Two of them are new NECs - they are great and calibrate perfectly.

I personally don't have a 30" Apple CInema Display - but my colleagues who do love it. I'd love one, but (IMO) I think it's way overdue for an update.

cheers!

6. Mirabella macrumors regular

7. rmbrown09 macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

8. rajbonham macrumors 6502

Exactly. If you didn't point it out, I was. :p

9. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

He has a 15 foot Mac Pro :confused:, so he must have some money.

10. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

11. photogy thread starter macrumors member

thanks...just read of reviews of the cinema screens and many happy users, but some people complained of the high gloss and reflections when using them...which i noticed when looking at the imac screens. will review all the suggestions from replies as this an expensive purchase for the 15 foot version.