Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

gregorye70

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Hello,

I borrowed my brother's ipad 2 to videotape my classroom its a 35 min video so it would not transfer it to Itunes on my macbook when I synced them. I downloaded Goodreader but it says the file is not recognized. is there any way to get this video over to my macbook that will not involve spending a lot of money on an app?

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
Hello,

I borrowed my brother's ipad 2 to videotape my classroom its a 35 min video so it would not transfer it to Itunes on my macbook when I synced them. I downloaded Goodreader but it says the file is not recognized. is there any way to get this video over to my macbook that will not involve spending a lot of money on an app?

upload it to Dropbox

Comment

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
is there any way to get this video over to my macbook that will not involve spending a lot of money on an app?

I don't know how much is "a lot" for you, but iMovie ($5) should allow you to reduce the size in a number of ways. You could output the movie in lower resolution, or you could break it up into two or three segments.

I don't know if iMovie has any limitation on input file size....

Are you sure it was a file size limitation that wouldn't allow you to transfer it in the first place?

Regards,
Tom

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.