Larger font, ALL over

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ivanwi11iams, Nov 8, 2017.

1. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

With the iPhone X, well, and others, too, is there a simple way to increase the font size throughout the device?
    This is a rather simple process on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. But, on the iOS range, it seems to be a little more difficult. Even the icon names don't seem to increase, by increasing the font size.

Ideas...

2. D.T. macrumors G3

D.T.

Settings >> Display and Brightness >> Text Size

That should affect all dynamic type which should include icon labels, most (if not all) of the app text that are part of the OS, and a good majority of other apps that were coded properly.

BTW, you can also add this as a short cut to Control Center, which is super handy if you're in a position where you normally run small type, but need a quick upsizing (i.e., I forgot my glasses :D)

3. ivanwi11iams thread starter Contributor

ivanwi11iams

Sorry, I should have mentioned I was aware of this.
    But, to me, this doesn't affect the font size on icons, too, does it? Unless it is very slight...!

Thanks

4. D.T. macrumors G3

D.T.

Ahh, OK, yeah, I usually say "If you're not aware", sorry about the redundant info. It definitely changes Icon text, it's likely just scaling at a different rate, so while Messages text gets much bigger, Icon text gets a little bigger (relatively speaking).

I've actually been running my X at the smallest type size, where I ran my 6S Plus at +2 (from the lowest setting). I find the small text super clear on the X - I was concerned that even though it had higher PPI, the sub-pixel arrangement might make it distorted, but it's really outstanding!

5. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

You can try making the text bold which in a sense helps things be somewhat more prominent.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Nothing will make all the text larger but when reading mail without my glasses, turning the phone into the landscape mode will make the text larger.

7. jiholl macrumors member

This is an issue that we have raised a couple of Threads about....the problem is that the iphone X does not have the "Display Zoom" setting that the 6/7/8 and plus models have. That setting is separate from the Text Size. In apps that use Dynamic Font it isnt bad, but in those that do not, the text is small.

8. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68030

ugahairydawgs

You'll want to go to Settings > General > Accessibility and turn on larger text there.

9. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Seems like that's more or less the same as the earlier tried suggestion of changing the text size in display settings (just that the accessibility setting allows for even larger sizes if needed).