All iPads Larger iPad ever possible?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Keenupie, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Keenupie macrumors member

Hello,

I understand we will with Gen 5 of iPad perhaps see a huge amount of weight and size reduction, considering that is it possible for iPad to ever have another size?

I mean I understand demand will be low but is it ever considered? Any rumors? anything around 11"?

I used a Sony Duo 11 at a store, and while it's ergonomics are not exactly the best I wondered if something like this is possible in the iPad form factor? I truly would love to own something like this, I mean if the 9.7" iPad 5th Gen loses lets say about 150 Grams of weight then is it not possible using similar materials to have a bigger iPad which will have a weight similar to iPad 3/4 but with a larger screen?

Any pointers?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

An 11" device meant to be held in your hands more often than not? No thanks. Buy a MBAir if you need 11" of screen. I realize that is apples and oranges there, but really, an 11" tablet is nonsense to me.

3. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

It would not surprise me in the slightest if we did happen to see, at some point in future a tabletop based display. whether or not it will be an ipad or something else, i can see something like a drafting table being digital and used for office drudgery to some extent for jobs that need a large display.

4. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

With the 128GB coming out, and 11", it probably be the same price also.

5. HobeSoundDarryl macrumors 603

HobeSoundDarryl

Hobe Sound, FL (20 miles north of Palm Beach)
  6. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

I agree. Seems a little impractical for a tablet with the MacBook Air in the lineup. I know personally I'd take a MBA over an 11" iPad any day!

7. ctdonath macrumors 65816

ctdonath

How about something which is a giant iPad for most practical purposes, allowing that it's so big that instead of portability, it's just attached to the surface of the desk? Thin, big (>30"), multi-touch, etc. Make a desktop computer which IS the desk's top.