Larger SSD go to 15" rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dd1101, Apr 5, 2013.

  1. Dd1101 macrumors newbie

    Apr 5, 2013
    Hi all, I recently converted over to Mac :cool:. I bought my self a retina 13 and my wife a air 11.6.

    My retina has 128gb SSD and I would like to add more so will be going to the apple store to exchange my computer for the 256gb version.

    Now the real dilemma, I love the extra real estate of the 15" retina but will never use the computing abilities to the max or even come close.

    Another option is just keeping the one I have and selling it this summer when the new chip is released and upgrade then, since apple has a great resale value.

    So confused :confused:
  2. Ifti macrumors 68000

    Dec 14, 2010
    I would keep what you have and upgrade to the new refresh version, whenever that may be (it may be as late as Sept-Oct). That's what I'm planning to do as well.
  3. fskywalker macrumors 65816


    Nov 6, 2009
    You can buy on Ebay a bigger OEM SSD and install it yourself, think a 256GB will cost about $300-400 and you get to keep the 128GB which you can put in a case. For like $600-700 you may get the 512GB; I bought one of those for my 15" 256GB rMBP, which later re-sold in Ebay for about the same time when upgraded to the higher end model currently have. If you can still exchange, check how big is the upgrade cost and then make your decision!
  4. fskywalker, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 10, 2013

    fskywalker macrumors 65816


    Nov 6, 2009

Share This Page