Larger than normal amounts of Cellular data usage on IOS 6 beta?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by codybriana, Aug 24, 2012.

1. codybriana macrumors member

I've had the IOS 6 beta since Beta 1, and have noticed my apps using much more data than normal. I've went over my 5gb data plan (ATT) for the past 2 months (last month I used 10gb!!). I've done expirements with a IOS 5.1.1 iphone and my phone running the same apps and checking their usage, mine has increased by 50-75%! (I cleared both iphones of running apps and then only opened apps one at a time). Has anyone else encountered this problem, I've noticed it on my Iphone 4s and Ipad 3+4g.

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Nope.

Feb 0.3GB
    Mar 0.7
    May 0.7
    June 0.4
    July 0.6
    Aug 0.4 with 2 days remaining on billing cycle

3. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

I haven't noticed anything either. and I certainly would notice as I only have 200MB a month...

4. Zcott macrumors 68020

I had this on beta 1 but an erase and set up as new phone fixed it.

5. Jack Dangers macrumors regular

I had this problem but on iOS 5.1.1.

For me it was Apple's podcast app. Once I deleted the app, my usage went back to normal.
    Last month I used over 5 gigs of data, and this month, with 10 days left in the cycle, I have only used a little over 1 gig of data.

6. codybriana thread starter macrumors member

That actually makes perfect sense, i also downloaded the new podcast app, i'm going to try and do a few expirements with the app and see if i can nail down something.

7. codybriana thread starter macrumors member

Well it seems like the podcast app isn't using those large amounts of data I was hoping for. I just recieved notification that i had used 96% of my 5gb data allowance only 10 days into my usage :confused:

I think i'm just going to have to revert back to ios 5.1.1 and hope that when the gm release of ios 6 comes out, it will have fixed that issue. :(

8. publicfarley macrumors newbie

Still happening on ios 6 GM.

This seems to still be happening on the iOS 6 GM. I just used 1.4 GB of "Received" Cellular Network Data over the past day & a half. During which time, I have mainly been at home on wifi. I have no idea why? Only happening on my 4S. Retina iPad seems to be fine.

This has been a problem since iOS beta 2 for me.

Anyone else still having issues? Possible resolution??