Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alicia1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Gold Coast, Australia
Hi All

I have a small wrist and have always bought the smaller watch. I really want to try the larger watch and I really like the braided bands but of course for the larger watch the smallest is a size 4, I am a size 2. I also have a band collection of around 60 so I really don't want to have to replace them all.

I was wondering how many here use the 38/41mm bands with the larger watch? I tried my size 2 braided in store on the 45mm gold stainless and it worked. I also like the Milanese loop but the 45mm one is far too long so would have to buy the 41mm.

Thanks!

bricktop_at

macrumors 65832
Apr 4, 2017
Yes they work fine, also the other way round… but it looks awful if you ask me, if the band doesn’t fit the size of the watch

Alicia1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Gold Coast, Australia
Yes they work fine, also the other way round… but it looks awful if you ask me, if the band doesn’t fit the size of the watch

Have to look really closely to see it isn't the correct size band though so it isn't too bad. Sometimes I wish I had a thicker wrist lol. I think it would look a lot worse using the larger bands on the small watch as it would stick out on the sides. At least the smaller bands don't do that.

bricktop_at

macrumors 65832
Apr 4, 2017
I think it would look a lot worse using the larger bands on the small watch as it would stick out on the sides. At least the smaller bands don't do that.
Agreed, but I‘m a picky one and therefore I wouldn’t wear it this way. ;-)

I remember when I sold a 44mm silver Milanese to a woman with a 38mm black Watch… she tried it on and everything, the lugs sticking out like sore thumbs… but she thought it looked really great and bought it anyway.
There were so many nogos for me, I almost threw up in my mouth a little ?

mk313

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2012
Agreed, but I‘m a picky one and therefore I wouldn’t wear it this way. ;-)

I remember when I sold a 44mm silver Milanese to a woman with a 38mm black Watch… she tried it on and everything, the lugs sticking out like sore thumbs… but she thought it looked really great and bought it anyway.
There were so many nogos for me, I almost threw up in my mouth a little ?
I do think that it kooks a lot worse this way (larger band on smaller watch) than the other way around (smalls band on larger watch). On the first one, you have those excess piece os fit e band sticking out form the watch, but on the smaller ones, the mismatch is on the inside of the watch, so you don't really see it as much in day to day use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.