Largest selling apps!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by pranaysanghavi, Feb 11, 2009.

1. pranaysanghavi macrumors newbie

Hi,

Lets work out a list of largest selling apps which earned its developer the most profit to date. fortnightly we can update the list to see who is at the top 3 positions. my guess is:

1. Monkey ball - most downloaded, oldest and costliest app/game
    2. followed by IM+ ? trusted messenger must-have
    3. I'm rich - 4000$ app bought at least 10 times?

kindly correct me if i'm wrong, but since the start of app store i guess the above 3 are THE most profitable apps to date. what a fortune for the developers! first-come first-serve.

:apple:

2. aerospace macrumors 6502a

3. pranaysanghavi thread starter macrumors newbie

Most profitable Apps..

huh!.. can u guess please? at least one out of top 3? lets see how close you are to the big bucks :rolleyes:

4. jclardy macrumors 68030

jclardy

hmm, maybe Trism, iShoot, iFart, Sim City, Rolando?

5. SwingOnThis macrumors regular

Don't forget Fieldrunners.

6. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Other than MonkeyBall I think you're way off. I'm pretty sure MobileChat and BeeJive both sold way more than IM+. And I Am Rich sold 8 copies before it was pulled, 2 of which were refunded. So 6x4000 = $24,000 before Apple's cut. iFart made over $100,000 in one week, and it was at the top of the paid apps list for a while. Same thing with iShoot, Ocarina, etc.

And if you're talking about profits, MonkeyBall might not be in the top list then. It cost a hell of a lot more to develop then something like say iFart :rolleyes:

7. admanimal macrumors 68040

I Am Rich was $999.99, the maximum price allowed in the store I believe.

8. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

I'm rich wouldn't even be close. Wasn't Trism or some puzzle game at $250k a few months ago?

BTW, great to see developers doing really well.

9. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Beejive is probably up there somewhere as well.

10. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

At $5 per sale, Fieldrunners is definitely in the top five as far as actual $$$ made. My guesses for some that would be in or around the top 10 are:

Fieldrunners
    Koi Pond
    iFart Mobile
    Ocarina
    Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart
    Touchgrind
    iShoot

These apps have all been in the top 50 apps for long periods of time and I believe they are all still in the top 50.

11. okaive macrumors member

okaive

Wasn't this one a free app?

12. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

It was .99 cents from their first release till today. And IMHO by far the longest #1 paid app in 2008.

13. pranaysanghavi thread starter macrumors newbie

who knows when a single kick-ass app mite come and steal away the prize and forever enshrine itself in the history of most income-generating app. can you make such an app? ....

fixed recurring income, just one creative shot and by golly! .. sometimes it feels like a gamble. but nothing much to loose, only if i knew programming in objective C...

but we can share ideas and design plans and submit to the developing companies if they can arrange for our small cut? .. but they do all the muscle work. for e.g. so many long hours mite have been put into screens of monkey ball? .. did they hire graphic desingers, n was the coder inhouse? .. must be fun to start a wireless business app co. :rolleyes: esp on Apple platform.

somebody should really ask a developer how much he really earned [net profit] .. money matters

14. herbs macrumors newbie

15. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

You're the developer.

As for other apps, even if you don't like Hotmail, millions of people still use it as their email. Before MS activated POP3, the only way to receive Hotmail on your iPhone was via mBoxMail. This app costs $9.99. I'm sure they made a bunch of cash on this.

16. yalag macrumors 65816