Laser Engraving on iPhone backs fuzzy on some?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by powerbook911, Oct 2, 2007.

1. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I've used several iPhones now, and I have noticed something interesting.

On some phones, the iPhone, serial number, etc. engraving on the back of the phone looks brilliant, sharp and clean.

However, on some it looks blurry. I even have to adjust my eyes cause my brain thinks it's me looking at it strange. Just thought I'd mention it!

Not a big deal, but I do prefer the sharp, clean cut. I'll try to take some pictures later and show what i mean.

2. vega07 macrumors 65816

I noticed the fuzziness initially but it disappeared after a week. Strange huh?

3. CADer macrumors 6502

CADer

I agree!!

So get this I have seen the 'fuzzy' engravings on the back, in fact owned one. It was my replacement phone from apple when I sent my first phone in for repair!
    I think, and believe that Apple has some low end iphones. I sent my Iphone in with dead pixels and a very low speaker volume issue and 3 days later got a package claiming it was a new phone due to the defects in the phone i sent them. But why just give out a new $600 Phone (remember when the Iphone cost that much). I believe it was a cheaper build, it also seemed lighter in weight along with the fuzzy engravings.

4. ivnds macrumors 6502

ivnds

i have a fuzzy engraved iphone, its a 8gb refurb, everything else worked fine, no dead pixels no bad screen.

5. vega07 macrumors 65816

did your fuzzy engraving disappear after a while? at first, my 8GB refurb's serial number was so fuzzy it was illegible. now, there's no fuzziness at all and it looks sharp and clean now, very legible.

6. ivnds macrumors 6502

ivnds

Now that you asked, i hadnt checked ( since i killed my phone with anysim ) took it out of the drawer and its no longer fuzzy, i clearly remember it was, i got it on wednesday now its super clear i can read everything on the back.

7. powerbook911 thread starter macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Mine might be looking a little better, the engravings. little less fuzzy.

Now, if only the negative black issue would go away. :(

8. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

I've had mine since day 1, and the engraving looks perfectly fine...

I have a BSE on it as well, and if you tilt it it kinda looks more of an embossing thatn engraving, ripples the skin up slightly.