Laser printer suggestions, please

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JPS, Jan 25, 2012.

1. JPS macrumors regular

I'm looking for a laser printer (preferably monochrome/color, though I would also consider straight monochrome) that can work wirelessly through Airport Express, and costs between $100-150.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

2. steve217 macrumors regular

steve217

I have a Brother HL-2270DW that works wirelessly through an Airport Extreme.

Extreme or Express, it should have the same wireless connection ability. The printer just connects to the router like any other WiFi enabled device.

If you're interested, it's on sale at Newegg for $89.

I think it's a fine printer that prints duplex and the toner cartridges are fairly cheap.

3. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

That price range could be a bit tight for a color laser printer, but you can find one on sale if you look around.

I've seen a Samsung Color Laser printer at CDW and other online stores for about $160. A third party Amazon seller has it for about $120 right now.

Certainly a grayscale laser printer is going to be more affordable. I've even seen a Dell at WalMart for $88.

If the laser printer has wifi built in, that would certainly work. If it's USB only, you can connect it to the Airport for wireless printing. Same for ethernet.

Whichever printer you get, make sure you price out supplies as well. Laser supplies can really be expensive (the Samsung printer I mentioned is over $200 for color+black toner).

4. JPS thread starter macrumors regular

I ended up ordering the HP LaserJet Pro P1606dn Printer from Amazon. It's monochrome and seems to have all the features I want. Not too pricey, either.

Thanks for the suggestions!

5. daze macrumors 6502

daze

Does anyone know if this particular printer would work with Airport Express/Extreme?

Samsung SCX3200

Thanks.

6. FuriousGreg, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013

FuriousGreg macrumors member

Samsung makes a good product, or at least thats been my experience. I have a ML-2010 (B&W) I got 5 years ago for around $100 and it's still running great. I've changed the toner a couple of times, it comes with one that prints 1250 and the regular cartridges print 2500+- for around $25

7. Philscbx macrumors regular

Philscbx

I have to admit - I really like my Samsung SCX 4500 - It Just Always Works - regardless how long it sits.

That's the down fall for liquid printers - they sit - then never work again.

8. XR7CAT macrumors member

XR7CAT

I purchased HP LaserJet Pro 100 Color MFP M175nw, the image quality is great and has Ethernet and WiFi.

Was only about $200 when I bought it.

9. utekineir macrumors 6502

have had a cheap brother b/w laser for the last several years, wifi, cost <$100, fast, dirt cheap on consumables

best printer i've ever had.

10. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom