Laser Printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by thelongmorrow, Nov 9, 2009.

1. thelongmorrow macrumors member

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I don't know about that printer, but I do know my Brother (b/w) laser printer kicks all kinds of ass.

Had it for 3 years, and still going off the toner/drum that came with the printer!

3. nanofrog macrumors G4

I have a Brother MFC-9450CDN, and am quite happy with it. Other posts indicate that they've had good experiences with Brother's on Macs (the drivers do work).

If you don't need color, I just saw one of the 5xxx models (has duplexing; = D at the end of the model number) go for a little under $150USD on newegg or buy.com (can't recall, as I put the email in the trash, and emptied it :eek:).

You might also want to keep in mind, it's decent on consumables costs, especially when compared to HP's. ;)

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Should get about 2.5k - 4k color pages for $300-400 in toner using the high yield cartridges.

And the B&W should yield about 2.5k - 4k for $65-75 in toner for the big toner cartridges.

The printer will also print in B&W if one of the color cartridges runs out, which isn't always the case for some of the color printers.

---

Note: compared to the cheap $80-99 B&W Brother laser, it yields about 1-1.5k pages per $55-60 toner cartridge.