Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
Davis CA
I recently picked up a personal laserwriter 320 for 10 bucks which i thought was the perfect solution for being a poor college student who had to write alot of papers. i did a test page and the toner is in good order but im baffled by the localtalk port. the laserwrite only has a localtalk port and obviously my brand new powerbook lacks this port. i looked onto the internet for adapters and i mostly found ethernet adapters that cost a ridiculous 90 dollars or so. at the old computer store where i bought the laserwriter i found a 10 year old adapter that plugs into the local talk port on the back of the laserwriter and then the cord turns into two phone jacks. i pluged in a phone cord to my powerbook and hoped something would come up on the screen but nothing happened soooo i need to know what to do? help!!@?!??!

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
You'll need to find a localtalk-to-ethernet bridge. This will allow you to connect the printer into your ethernet port.

Here is an example of the device you need. (not affiliated with this auction)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.