Last chance of an iMac in 2012 ?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by davidgnomo, Aug 23, 2012.

1. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

October 19, 2012 : Q4 2012 Financial Results Call ... do you guys think this is gonna be the last chance to see a 2012 iMac or is it possible that a silent spec bump can occur before (hopefully) or after (but still before the end of the year) that date ?

2. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

I think we'll see an imac before that. From my experience, earning calls doesn't really tie up to product releases. and iMac doesnt really need an introduction.

I expect early october at the latest. But, it could be earlier. Even 12th september is possible. Since Apple asked stores to remove mac mini and mac pro to get more space for pads it could be possible the wanted to leave the imac there since it will get an update at that time - because there's really no reason to display the current imac any more than the mini - its as old and take more space :D. Fits with the fact that all stores seem to get out of stocks now.

3. davidgnomo thread starter macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

I really wish you are right ... my worst fear is Apple could wait Haswell processors ... :(

4. cooky560 macrumors regular

cooky560

While what you say makes perfect sense to us, it doesn't really mean anything apart from that Apple expects to shift a few iMacs while it holds less hope for the mini and the mac pro. I'd REALLY like to believe this as I'm sure readers of my previous posts will very clearly see. But I am remaining in doubt land until we see something more solid

5. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

It's rare, but hardware has come out in early November in the past.

6. davidgnomo thread starter macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

I tried to figure out how has the iMac 2011 been introduced last year by checking the old posts on this forum ... there has been a delay in iMac shipping from the Apple Store some days before May 2011 and a so called "Mr X" had predicted a release in the beginning of May. What about this Mr X today ??? Does anyone remember any leaks of parts belonging to the iMac 2011 last year ???
    And by the way, CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN ME WHAT A DAMN "SCREEN LAMINATION ISSUE" IS ???