Last Date for Apple.com and Apple Store Preorder

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chantman, Jun 16, 2009.

1. chantman macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Since Apple.com is still accepting preorders for delivery by June 19th, what's the last date I can order from Apple and still get it on the 19th?

I preordered from AT&T on Saturday, and still haven't seen an updated status. Called today and the rep said they were waiting on approval of my number port (to be ported tonight). If AT&T doesn't get their act together, I may cancel the order and order from Apple.com or reserve one for pickup in the Apple store.

Thanks!

-Mike

2. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

AT&T will ship them Thursday with priority overnight shipping. Don't expect to see any changes in your status until then.

3. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

They said the 17th. Not sure if that means anytime through Wednesday or not. I would order today.

4. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Again, for those who ordered from AT&T...

If you ordered from AT&T's website, you should have received a confirmation e-mail. Here is what it said for those who didn't read it:

Pre-orders for iPhone 3G S will be shipped with overnight priority and will be processed to arrive as early as June 19, 2009, if submitted by 12 p.m. noon C.T., June 17, 2009. The actual shipment date and receipt of your order is not guaranteed and may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes. Additional items added to the cart at the time of your pre-order may ship separately depending on availability. Your credit card will not be charged until items are shipped. All pre-orders taken online are being handled on a first-come, first-served basis.​

That tells me they will ship them on Thursday and you will get the tracking number then.

5. JosephBergdoll macrumors 6502

AT&T doesn't have any more iPhones. Buy through Apple.

6. mathewr macrumors 6502

i just bought my white 32 gb from apple.com to be shipped to my office. it said it will be delivered by the 19th. so thats the route id take.

7. joro macrumors 68020

joro

Beware, I was talking to AT&T today about possibly cancelling my pre-order and they say they are not allowing cancellations right now on the iPhone 3GS. The only way to cancel the order is by refusing shipment from UPS/FedEx but they then told me they will charge a 10% restocking fee even though I never touched the box. I’m going to put money down on one at Best Buy just in case though – they might be a good option if you have one close by.