Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anonymous4a

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
I want to return at the Apple store but realized that all stores are closed today for Thanksgiving . It's also the last day for my 14 day return period. Will Apple store allow me to return tomorrow ?

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I want to return at the Apple store but realized that all stores are closed today for Thanksgiving . It's also the last day for my 14 day return period. Will Apple store allow me to return tomorrow ?

Hopefully. But why would you think they would be opened or why didn’t you call to see if you could return tomorrow?

Reactions: rugmankc

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Hopefully. But why would you think they would be opened or why didn’t you call to see if you could return tomorrow?

They will acknowledge the return. It's out of the customers control if the store is closed on a day that ended on the return period. As long as you have all the contents with the receipt, you will have no issue returning your device.

Joe Rossignol

Senior Reporter
Staff member
May 12, 2012
Canada
Apple is pretty flexible with their return policy. I've returned an item two days past its return date earlier this year.

I think they would understand and accept your reason.

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
I bet, you could claim business days. With that in theory, you could return on Nov 30th, and they will accept it. They suggest business days on delivery so why not business days on returns?

Reactions: 5pctoff

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I bet, you could claim business days. With that in theory, you could return on Nov 30th, and they will accept it. They suggest business days on delivery so why not business days on returns?

I would suggest you start with asking them first before you blindside them with the business day thing. I am pretty sure they will be more than happy to accept the return.

Mxbzz

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2012
Apple has always been extremely flexible with their return policy. Your excuse is legitimate and as long as you’re returning the phone in good condition you shouldn’t get any flack for the return.

Starship67

Suspended
Oct 28, 2017
LA
I'm sure Apple will be accommodating. As far as people saying you have legitimate excuse thats bunk you've had 14 days prior to Thanksgiving.

Jayjew

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2015
Minneapolis
I'm sure Apple will be accommodating. As far as people saying you have legitimate excuse thats bunk you've had 14 days prior to Thanksgiving.
I just returned one I got on launch day and that was just yesterday. With the wrong box even, they really don't care.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.