Last few days connection & messaging problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stlredbird, Sep 20, 2009.

1. stlredbird macrumors 6502

stlredbird

The last couple of days I've had this problem pop up a couple of times. My phone will show full bars and 3G so no clue as to a problem but if I try to make a call it fails or if I try to send a text it will fail. I have to restart the iphone and then it will work again and I'll have a bunch of missed texts that pop up. This last time happened while it was charging and it showed that it wasn't fully charging then when I restarted it showed a full charge.

And I'm not sure if this is connected but the last couple of weeks I'll get off a call at home and notice that it says I'm on an "o" network then it goes to Edge then back to 3G.

I've had my iphone for over a year and this has never been a problem before. Any ideas? Is it related to 3.1?

16GB iPhone 3G btw.

2. dogbiskit2 macrumors member

Very interesting. I'm having what seems to be the same problem (except with a 3GS). I'm guessing your wifi still works? Here's the thread I started earlier today:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=8517255#post8517255

The responses I've gotten so far indicate that it might be a hardware problem. My plan is to try a "restore as new" to see if that might fix the issue. Have you tried that yet?

J

3. stlredbird thread starter macrumors 6502

stlredbird

a bunch of people on the apple forums having the exact same problem. They seem to think it's a software problem.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2165311&tstart=0

Don't even want to take it in to get replaced (not even sure if it's possible for me to get it replaced for free after over a year) but I assume that the info in my checkbook app will be lost if I have to restore or get a new phone.

I'm hoping it's a bug in the OS and will be fixed and updated soon.