Last gen MBP or New MB

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spring, Oct 15, 2008.

1. spring macrumors regular

I have a last gen 15" MBP (2.2, 2gig ram) and was wondering if you guys think it's a good idea to sell my current laptop and get the 1599 MacBook? The things I like about the new Macbook is that it's smaller than my MBP and has decent enough graphics to play the games I play (CS:Source and other Source engine games). So with that said would you guys do it (I probably will end up spending a couple hundred more for this)?

2. joehack macrumors member

Go to an Apple dealer and check your games. From my point of view, the performance gain will be by max. 20%. This usually not enough, to really feel the speed bump. It might be be visible with some 3d stuff but not for normal work.
    I would recommend a RAM upgrade to 4GB.

J.

3. spring thread starter macrumors regular

4. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Don't be greedy. Stick with what you've got. Its a much better machine, IMO.

5. Mikebuzzsaw macrumors 6502

Depends, do you need the extra 2 inches? Is portability more important or screen size?

6. dougnewman macrumors 6502

If you find your MBP too large, perhaps you might want to "downgrade" to the MB.

Otherwise there is certainly not much of an advantage to the new MB. I can understand the size and weight appeal though... Reminiscent of the old 12" PowerBook.

7. Bobeder9 macrumors member

Keep your MBP. Unless size is an issue, it is a much better machine. Looks better too.. haha