Last iphone 5 OB defender question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jcorbin, Feb 25, 2013.

1. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

If you're looking at the bottom of the case with the screen facing up. The strip going across the bottom of the phone above the charging and headphone ports seems to be more pliable than the rest. Im guessing this is by design and is meant to make it easier for you to access the port. Also to make the home button more "pressable" since if it was rigid like the rest of the case it wouldn't be usable.
    But I thought I'd check.

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

My defender I use with my 4S is a bit softer around the bottom of the phone. So without having firsthand experience with the 5 version of the case I can say its probably normal.

3. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's what I thought. If someone with the iPhone 5 case can confirm I would appreciate it.

4. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

I have the Ob Defender on my iPhone 5 and I know what you mean. The rubber/plastic is a bit more pliable because A: Because of the port flaps and B: It's the easiest way of removing it should you ever want to.
    The home button is very easily pressed, no difficulty or worries there. It's a great case for the money and I'm very glad I got it, I would have gone through 2 phones by now if not for it.