Last iPhone was the 4,havent used in year and a half, what did I miss?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone7ate9, Sep 13, 2014.

1. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

What's new in iPhone land?

Isn't it true the 5s was the fastest phone last year?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

3. 3gbuff macrumors member

Interesting, same for me. My last Iphone was the 4. Went to Android and never looked back. I now have the Oneplus One and just ordered the iphone 6 plus unlocked.

4. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm getting the 6 I meant with iOS sorry

5. Mustangjac macrumors member

Mustangjac

I'm always curious about when folks bounce around between android and iOS. Speaking for myself, I'm pretty well invested in iOS, having bought many apps over the years. Some of the ones I use frequently weren't just $1-2 either. I know I'd have more than just the cost of the phone if I were to ever change to Android full time. I won't anytime soon.....just wondered.

6. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I never bought apps. For Android I got any paid app for free.

7. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

That makes the developers cry. :(

8. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

And being a thief is somehow something to be proud of? :confused:

9. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Meh couldn't care less.

10. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

A case for the downvote if there ever was one :(

11. Mustangjac macrumors member

Mustangjac

Well, that's a reason not to switch to iOS. Jailbreaking typically makes it possible to pirate apps, but it's definitely more difficult than it is on Android.

12. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not really an issue..

13. retroboomin macrumors regular

not proud but a smart decision

14. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Well, you should. Karma is a b and I can only hope she'll catch up to you. She always does.

Good luck with that.

15. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh OK lmao

16. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

No, stealing is not a smart decision. It's quite a poor decision. Some things are black and white. No shade of grey to talk about. And stealing is one of them. No room for moral ambiguity on this one.

17. Infinitewisdom macrumors 6502a

Arguments like that are lost on those types. Whatever you say doesn't work because their value system isn't aligned like yours. The only thing that will whoop them in line is the legal system and law enforcement.

18. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

How depressing, more so because it rings true. But this isn't about value alignment. Some things are just wrong, and stealing software and bragging about it on an Internet forum is one of them. And these types need to be reminded that there is such a thing as civil behavior. Not sure if dealing with kids or adults, but regardless, one should at least speak up to let them know that behavior is wrong.

Kids, don't steal software. It will shrink your genitals and cause your hair to fall off, like steroids. You will look like fools with yellow teeth and spinach stuck in between them. It's not pretty.

19. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

What did you miss? LTE on the iPhone, Touch ID, and possibly the annoyance (to some) of iOS 6 and 7. Also Siri.

20. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stealing is when you take something and the other person no longer has it. I think pirating is copyright infringement but I'm not sure the exact label.

21. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

My Android experience has been disappointing.

I left the 4s, went to S3. Immediately noticed things weren't as intuitive. The apps looked different from each other, there's no standard or continuity. All the bloatware was annoying.

I enjoyed my bigger screen. Didn't like that I couldn't seamlessly integrate with my iPad or MBA. No iPhoto or iCloud. Used Google cloud (whatever it's called) but it wasn't the same.

After having my phone about a year, the white started yellowing. Ick. It was also super laggy, the same way a Windows computer acts when it gets up there in age. After about a year and some months, the phone stopped charging. Well, it would show that it was charged, but when unplugged went to 20% or so immediately. So, basically got stuck with a phone that could never leave the charger. Then it started rejecting all chargers. Got tired of it and filed an insurance claim.

Got a replacement S3. Seemed less laggy than the last one had started to get. Worked fine (after setting the whole thing up from scratch again, which was annoying). Then about 2 weeks after getting it, it completely died. 100%. Another claim for the insurance warranty. This was over a holiday weekend, so I was phone less for a few days.

Another "new" S3. Reinstalled all my things. This one is also laggy and jittery. Randomly turns on and off, like my original one did.

I'm over the Android experience. It has it's place for a lot of people, but I prefer the streamlined ease of iOS. I'd rather have that than animated backgrounds or whatever.

22. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I've never been happy with Android. It constantly asks me if I want to make things the default app even though I've already told it yes a thousand times. Calls take 9 clicks to get to. My proximity sensor only works when I start a call not end it the list goes on

23. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

For work, I use a BlackBerry Z10, and I must say, THAT is the absolute worst phone I could ever imagine. How it was even produced is a miracle to me.

24. Benenstein macrumors regular

I have had so many friends and family members that get sick of their iPhone, and want to switch to an Android for their next upgrade. I tell them not to do it; they'll hate Android switching from an iPhone.

Every person that switched regretted it months later. I have nothing against Android, but if you get an iPhone for your first smartphone (which is the case for many people), then you will have a very difficult time switching.

25. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

BlackBerry can't do touchscreen. I had the Storm 2 before my iPhone 5, and it was awful. It was quite literally a giant button.