Last Minute Poncho Costume?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Felldownthewell, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

It is now 10:08pm on the West coast on the day before Halloween and I need a costume. I was originally going to be Eli from the Royal Tenenbaums, but apparently nowehere in Portland do they sell cowboy boots or fringe jackets in my size, so I am back to square one.

The one amazing thing in my wardrobe at the moment is a orange, brown, and yellow wool poncho I got at a thirft store. It is possibly the coolest thing ever, especially with its square hood. I haven't worn it outside yet, so my friends haven't seen it.

What I would like to do is come up with a costume I can throw together from things I may have lying around or can buy early tomorrow centering on the poncho. Unfortunately, even though I am a supposedly creative art student, I'm stumped. Pancho Villa? Maybe. And that is about it. Aside from the politically incorrect and downright insultingly racist, which I refuse to do. So I'm turning to the MR community for help! Any ideas would be great!

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Add a screen and go as a Zune?

B

3. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

An Eli costume would have been awesome. You could always go as the Bomber, if you have time for it.

Anyways, "The Man With No Name" played by Clint Eastwood in the western "Dollars Trilogy" wears a poncho.

[​IMG]

4. Felldownthewell thread starter macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

I like the Eastwood idea! I'm looking around for props for it right now :)

5. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

Luke Skywalker wore a poncho but unfortunately it wasn't brown, orange and yellow. :(

6. Felldownthewell thread starter macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Just as an update, I went with the Clint Eastwood style idea. I managed to find a pair of secondhand chaps for $20 and an awesome hat for $15. I went to ever second hand store in Portland and found no boots in my size, so brown slip on vans are going to have to cut it. I'll try to put up a picture later.

Thanks for everyones help! :)