Last Minute Prediction. iPhone not available today.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boss1, Jun 8, 2008.

1. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

Simply because, we have not heard much news or rumor surrounding logistics of a new product making its way through the channels. No Fed Ex rumors. No AT&T just received 10 boxes per store rumors.

iPhone Roundup:
    • Sales , growth numbers , the usual we did better than ever! start off.
    • New iphone(s) announced . may pre order today . shipping July.
    • Dot Mac revamp
    • Big emphasis placed on OS X now being 2 full platforms. Desktop and Mobile version. 2 roads one platform.

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Well, you're leaving out firmware v2.0, which is sure to play some role in the conference, considering that it's the basis for current Cocoa Touch development.

3. levitynyc macrumors 65816

Nah, Its coming out next Friday....it makes too much sense. It falls right into the AT&T ban on vacations.

4. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

To be fair, the iPhones were delivered the day of, but no training manuals have surfaces like last time before the 29th. FOxnews did say they could go on sale Monday, but I doubt it. I expect late this month or as late as August.

5. boss1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

boss1

v2.0 has been so present in the community and news i left it off the wild prediction list :) . but yes you are right . it should play a big role in the conference

6. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

You know the vacation ban could just have NOTHING to do with the release of the iPhone. There practically isn't a need to have a vacation ban for it, the interface of the device probably isn't changing drastically that they would need to ban an entire week for training and support.

7. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

it would be so much easier to work it out if we got the release info from Apple before keynote, then we would have something factual to talk about.

say, if they said there would be 2 models released two weeks apart.
    then we could wait in anticipation for those 2 models talk about them lol.

instead of nothing.

8. Corbet macrumors member

August? That would be suicide. 4 months of no iPhones available for sale?

9. boss1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

boss1

They were delivered the day of. but there was a few reports that Fed Ex employees were dispatched in teams of 2 or 3 to ensure safe transport. Plus it's Sunday . if Fed Ex facilities had thousands of boxes of iPhones sitting in warehouses all day Sunday somebody would have spilled the beans to someone by now .

10. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

how long have the iPhones been out of stock?

11. Elsewhere macrumors member

My predictions...

Very certain:
    1. iPhone 3G Demo at WWDC on Monday the 9th
    2. iPhone for sale in US on Monday the 16th.
    3. 3G
    4. True GPS
    5. Improved virtual keyboard
    6. Improved UI
    7. At least one new "Killer App" using GPS. (Location based content)

My really really REALLY long shot prediction:
    8. In addition to multi-touch, LCD screen will serve as a scanner and fingerprint authentication. (Based on this Press Release from last year.)

12. levitynyc macrumors 65816

13. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

IMHO
    Available immediately on line for pre order tomorrow.
    In stores and shipping a week from Friday.

14. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

well then, they better have a bloody good design revamp.
    if they dont impress people ill doubt they will sell....

why did they take them off the shelves that early?

15. Jblack4083 macrumors regular

It's a bad sign that the stores aren't planned to close and it's that initial rush that causes problems for stores which is why it's a bad sign the 5th ave store isn't closing here in NYC.

Those blackout dates for AT&T also point to a late June release. What is the motive behind giving up 2 months of sales though? The iPhone hasn't been available for a while. Possibly the blackout dates have nothing to do with it?

A theory could be that they might drop online only and ship to stores in 2 weeks during the blackout date period. Who knows.

16. mtfield macrumors 6502

Am I the only one who believes the phones are going to be available tomorrow or tuesday? I mean apple has had plenty of time, they are going to get plenty of free press anyway due to the keynote, and the phones arrived the day of last time. Apple will want to get those phones out when the buzz is hottest which will be right after the keynote. Come on tomm!

17. levitynyc macrumors 65816

Yes

18. SotSot macrumors newbie

Iphones will be available tomorrow

Hey ya'll, whats up?
    This is my first post here, and if I am correct (and I am), the iphones will be available tomorrow.

How do you know this, you ask? I work for Apple, with the iPhone division. I like my job, I'm glad this is somewhat anonymous so I don't lose it.

Anyhow, I won't give out the info I know about the features of it, I don't want to give away the big stuff, but the basic ideas you have for it are right on.

I must admit that I don't know the EXACT details, but I do know that Jobs will say something kick ass about how we can go buy the new 3G iphone right away. I'll be at my local Apple store tomorrow, you can bet on it.

Anyhow, this is the information I have, from 5 different respectable, high up Apple and AT&T sources. I hope they're right, or I'll look like a huge ass. If i'm right though, I get major credibility. So..we'll see:)

Later.

19. SotSot macrumors newbie

Nope, you're not the only one. Check out my previous post. We'll be the ones with the iphones tomorrow:)

20. boss1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

boss1

i was a little creeped out by your post at first , but i see your sense of humor now. Good one! lol . :D

... "I work for Apple and post Company secrets openly on a rumor site to build my cred"

HA!

21. w00master macrumors 65816

Personally, I think the new iPhone will be available *very* soon. As soon as tomorrow, to the following Friday. Why?

iPhones have been "out of stock" for both Apple & AT&T for at least 3 weeks now. Why would they show a new phone, and then immediately put "back in stock" the iPhone 1.0? Not going to happen. In my opinion, the new iPhone will be availabe as soon as possible.

w00master

22. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

SotSot,
    why are you posting this in multiple threads?
    you've already got your own dedicated to it.
    did you just copy and paste?

23. SotSot macrumors newbie

I surely did. lol

24. Astro8973 macrumors regular

Astro8973

I wouldnt be so sure. I went by my local att store to ask if they had any iphones and the lady said they were out but were expecting a shipment of 10 boxes on monday evening. i also called apple and they are out of iphones. somethin tells me we will have new iphones in no time :D

25. Jblack4083 macrumors regular

I called, inventory is expecting a shipment between 10 and 11 today (June 9th 2008) and they don't know what's in it. This is for 5th ave. I phrased my question like a person who had no idea about the 3G iPhone.

Keep in mind, it can always be their regular twice a week shipment. The only things that stuck out to me were the time, and also the fact that he didn't know what was in it.