Last Modified and Last opened date is always the same

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by macgeo, Aug 20, 2011.

1. macgeo macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, I am new to the mac World, I have visited your site many times and you guys are awesome, you always have a thread to help me with my concerns.

However, I can not find a solution to this problem that I have.

I have the OS X Lion with the latest update downloaded from apple.

My problem is, the when I create a new file (not matter what, PDF, xls, etc) ALL the dates in the details are the same, no matter when I last modified it or opened it!

Does anyone else have a similar problem? Is there any solution to that?

It is very Important for me to sort my files by the last modified date.

Thank you!

George

2. macgeo, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011

macgeo thread starter macrumors newbie

ok just a little update to the issue:

I have just notice that when I browse (for example my Documents) as thumbnails (icons), list or coverflow, the dates are changes to the correct ones and the ones that actually are!

When Iam viewing my documents as Columns, the Dates WILL NOT Update, the are always the same as the Creation of the file.

So guys, any ideas? Could you please tell me If someone has the same problem?

Please help, thanx!

3. tkermit, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011

tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Yes, I can confirm this bug.
    Interestingly enough, when I arrange by 'Date last opened' in column view, the 'last Opened' date is displayed correctly. Arranged by name, on the other hand, 'last opened' and 'modified' will be the same.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. macgeo thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for posting tkermit, so, what do we do in this case? Report to Apple?

5. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Yes, that would be best. It certainly seems reproducible enough.

If you have a developer account, you can go to https://bugreport.apple.com/ to file a bug report. Otherwise you could use Apple's feedback form, but I'm not sure how quickly that would filter down to Apple's engineers.

6. macgeo thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfort, I don't have a developer account, I guess that I can create one, thank you again!

Anyone else with same issue?

I just want to make sure that it is a general one..

7. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

I should maybe add, that I don't seem to have a problem with actually sorting the files and no problem with the 'Modified' date being displayed correctly either . It is only the 'last opened' date that doesn't always seem to be accurate, as far as I can see.