Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeAppz

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2006
i downloaded a video in avi format from the web. it doesnt play in my quicktime. is there a way to get a support for avi or a way to convert the avi file to one that quicktime easily recognizes like a .mov file?
thanks again

atticus1178

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2006
Austin, Texas
MikeAppz said:
i downloaded a video in avi format from the web. it doesnt play in my quicktime. is there a way to get a support for avi or a way to convert the avi file to one that quicktime easily recognizes like a .mov file?
thanks again

Yeah, google the program iSquint....it converts all kinds of files. Great for iDVD.

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
VLC Player or Mplayer
check versiontracker.com

Many forums have been created on this topic, not that it really matters, after all this is the help forum, but you could always possibly search using the search forums tool at the top right corner. :)

Welcome to MacRumors though! :D

atticus1178

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2006
Austin, Texas
Texas04 said:
VLC Player or Mplayer
check versiontracker.com

Many forums have been created on this topic, not that it really matters, after all this is the help forum, but you could always possibly search using the search forums tool at the top right corner. :)

Welcome to MacRumors though! :D

Never liked either of those for some reason. I stand by iSquint, have you tried it out?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.