Last night Cnet showed how to unlock a locked iphone4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by St8kout, Oct 30, 2010.

1. St8kout macrumors regular

If you feel the need to play stalker or suspicious spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend, and see what's on their locked iphone, just hit Emergency Call, dial a number like '411,' and hit the Hold button. You now have complete user access to everything stored on their phone: address book, recent calls, pics, vids, emails, whatever.

Of course, they can also do the same thing to you and find who you've been in touch with. lol

2. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

Actually, it only gives you access to the phone app. So you can make calls, go through the address book, see favorites, see recents, and listen to voicemail. The home button and lock button won't do anything so you can't navigate to photos, emails, or videos.

3. St8kout thread starter macrumors regular

4. rrandyy macrumors 6502

I haven't tried it, but I read that you can view photos by attempting to assign them to contacts.

5. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I wonder what would happen if you combined this bug with the bug that crashes the contacts app.

Hmmm...it shows the home screen wallpaper for a split second but then goes back to the passcode screen

seems like launching any app also makes you go back to lock screen. Sbsettings will show up, but tapping "more" makes you go back to square 1

6. St8kout thread starter macrumors regular

Well, they did say in the vid that hopefully by the time you see this it will be software patched, provided of course if you've synced your phone lately. From what I can tell it was the 4.1 patch that caused this problem to begin with.

7. nozebleed macrumors 6502

have all of you been living under a rock for the past 2 weeks

8. Qanbar macrumors member

Qanbar

9. St8kout thread starter macrumors regular

10. St8kout thread starter macrumors regular

My mistake. Should have been hit the lock button.

11. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Never got this to work on my phone. It just ends the call then puts the screen off. Lucky me :)

12. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

I've gotten it to work on iPhone 4s running 4.0.1, 4.0.2., and 4.1. With this glitch You can make calls, listen to voicemail, see recent calls made, view contacts, and access photos.