iPhone XS Max Last Payment for IUP

Ryxmd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 2, 2014
I got my my XS Max last year on release day and paid the first month's payment upfront. My payment is due on the 20th of each month so I already paid 12 payments. If I decide to upgrade to the 11 Pro Max and receive it on 9/20, will I still be charged for my XS Max? I know I will have to pay taxes and first month's payment for the 11 Pro Max upfront.

Chele

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois
I've used the IUP for the last couple years and it seems that once you place an order for a new phone, the old loan payments "pause". It seems that the system will know that you've bought a new phone and they're anticipating you returned the old one. After you pre-order tomorrow, it should take care of that until you send in the old phone.

Koshkaboo

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2018
I have a payment on my current IUP phone that would be processed on the 21st. I got an email this morning that it would be processed on the 21st. But, my new IUP phone arrives on the 20th. It doesn't look like they had paused the existing phone's payment. Hopefully, they actually will or will refund it later.

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
I thought once they receive the returned phone, they remove the charge for the 13th payment?

AndrewR23

macrumors 68040
Jun 24, 2010
I have a payment on my current IUP phone that would be processed on the 21st. I got an email this morning that it would be processed on the 21st. But, my new IUP phone arrives on the 20th. It doesn't look like they had paused the existing phone's payment. Hopefully, they actually will or will refund it later.
same situation as you.

Z3roFlaw

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2016
I too got the same email, but I have a feeling it won't actually charge. I'll be looking closely at it though haha.

highertechnology

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2009
I called citizens today with the same question. They have in their system as of ~8am that the payments for my XS have been put on hold. Same situation with my office neighbor. This was automatic. My call didn’t prompt this, it was already in their system.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
I have 2 loans with Citizens but I cancelled one of the phone orders. Will the loan also be cancelled? Havent received any notice about it