Last PowerPC Version of Photoshop

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Daeruin, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Daeruin macrumors newbie

Does anybody know what the last PowerPC version of Photoshop was? I have an older version but can't seem to figure out if it's a PowerPC or Intel version. Is there an easy way to figure this out?

2. Daeruin thread starter macrumors newbie

Damn. I might have known. $29 for Lion doesn't do me much good when I have to spend well over a thousand to upgrade a bunch of software just so it will continue to run. My entire Creative Suite won't run on Lion. I could punch Apple. Or Adobe. Either one. Or the economy, for that matter. I'm not picky.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Stay on Snow Leopard (or earlier) if it pays the bills given the software you run. Snow Leopard is perfectly fine and there is still supported hardware that runs it. I have a good feeling that today's models will run Snow Leopard just as well, you will just need to clone or image the operating system onto the disk.

4. Daeruin thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I don't really have a choice at this point. I have been very excited about Lion ever since they announced it, and I'm more than a little disappointed that I won't be able to run it without a huge investment in software. I don't have anything against Snow Leopard. But this is just a big giant letdown for me. Back to business as usual. Sigh.