Last resort, going insane, ps3 & mac

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by brandtflames, Dec 21, 2010.

1. brandtflames, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010

brandtflames macrumors newbie

Hey guys!

I know it's not customary to make a thread as your first post, my apologies if this offends anyone :) but i'm seriously going insane :D

I have the following problem:

I'm trying to connect my imac to my ps3 wirelessly, to stream videos, music, pictures,... i've searched and searched on every corner of the interwebs but haven't found anything that works.

I tried medialink, yazsoft, vuze, pms, twonky, eyeconnect, you name it, I've tried it. I also checked my firewall, and it's turned off, I checked my router's settings, it says uPnP enabled, the mac is uPnP enabled, the ps3 is uPnP enabled, I set my iMac to share almost anything, so it's as open as a 5$ h**k*r (no offence ;) )

But still, with any 3d party software (like medialink etc,...) it can not find my ps3, the ps3 also never finds any media centre/device.

I've got the latest ps3 firmware & I'm running mac osx snow leopard.

So one thing i'm guessing is, with all the software I tried, could it be that those are all trying to kill eachother? Or what could it be? I've been trying for hours every night the past week.

I really hope someone can help.

(oh btw, the mac and ps3 are both using the same router wirelessly, and they can both go online)

Thank you so much if you know anything which may relieve my worries :)

PS: I used to have an xbox360 a while ago, and that worked fine for a while with vuze when one day it just stopped working.

2. takao macrumors 68040

takao

3. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I've tried all of them as well, and they're all slow, buggy and/or unstable.

I tried connecting the PS3 and Mac server via Ethernet, and was surprised just how slow the media browsing was even then.

The best experience I've had was with Rivet - streams to 360, PS3 and iOS devices; except the latest version crashes for me so I'm back to looking for a reliable option again. :eek:

4. pcypert macrumors 6502

I'm using PS3 Media Server. Works great for movies and tv shows. Horrible for music. Have to figure that out and then I'm all set. But liking it way more than the 360 for media needs.

Paul