Last update to the Guide

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Mk.558, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Mk.558 macrumors newbie

Right, so last week I released the final edition of the Guide, and you can see it here:

http://www.applefool.com/se30

In it, you will find extensive and exhaustive discussion on how to network your older Macs to newer ones to transfer files. From WiFi to using a serial terminal at 9600bps, it's there. (Well, MacTerminal 1.1-2.3.1 will go down to 50bps if you like. Make sure to make dinner in the meantime.) From Mac OS X to Linux to Windows, it's there. Forgot how to work with floppy disks? There's an entire section devoted to everything you could possibly need to know about Mac floppy disks, drives, programs and ... secrets.

I look back on it somewhat frequently, and I'm still dazzled as to how I even finished it: there are over 70,000 words on the main page alone. I do sleep better at night knowing it's done. To entice you to go there, I even put up some of Haplain's Dynamac and Colby Systems Walkmac prototype computers, one with a electroluminescent display and the other with a gas plasma display. (There's also an image of a clear Macintosh Portable there too. I've seen one in person. They are a looker, for sure.) We might have fancy thin IPS LED backlit high-pixel-density displays but how do you beat one of those old displays that will never be found in a laptop computer again?

Some threads, like this recent one here could have been solved handily. Many more like it in the future can be easily referenced to that page (and the More Info page) for answers.

Have a great day!

2. Mk.558 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not one response...heh

I tell myself that if 10 unique people find the Guide to be most helpful each month, I consider it worth it. :)

3. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

Don't be disheartened. It's a quality write-up which will be a great resource for those networking older machines.

For posterity's sake I've ensured it's up on archive.org - that's how important I believe it is! :)