Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cynr4eva

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2008
HAHAHA, what an idiot. How could she have assumed there wouldn't be a per customer limit? Common sense tells you there would be a 3 per, at most.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Awww, she's just misunderstood. Erm....

20080629-n35rhq99qa9w76mg5gs6yy23hw.jpg

GuyOnTheCouch22

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2008
Long Island
that just made my day, i work in retail so i have to deal with morons like that all the time with big releases and i just love watching them get screwed like that when they are just being greedy.

TonyHoyle

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Manchester, UK
You can guarantee it'll happen again. This time it'll be 'what do you mean I have to activate in-store! I've sold 100 of these things on ebay...'

Edit: Just looked on ebay. Just found someone who claims to have sold 300 of them (at £600 each!!!). He seems to think that (a) he'll be able to buy that many, and (b) just because the 2.0 beta firmware was unlocked, 2.0 final on *different hardware* wlll be unlockable immediately. He's in for a shock...

kymac

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2006
portland
haha i do remember this.. but i didnt get why she kept saying she was buying $100,000 worth of iphones.. but then said she only had $16,000 with her???

erandall38

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2007
You can guarantee it'll happen again. This time it'll be 'what do you mean I have to activate in-store! I've sold 100 of these things on ebay...'

Edit: Just looked on ebay. Just found someone who claims to have sold 300 of them (at £600 each!!!). He seems to think that (a) he'll be able to buy that many, and (b) just because the 2.0 beta firmware was unlocked, 2.0 final on *different hardware* wlll be unlockable immediately. He's in for a shock...

link please!!! Just want to check it out as well.

TonyHoyle

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Manchester, UK
Try this one

Reading it again he could be saying he's sold 300 2G iphones in the past.. however he's clearly attempting to sell more than one 3G iphone (which is going to be difficult to source.. it's one per customer), unlocked (which I don't think he'll be able to do). And for a whopping £500*!

* I could have sworn it was £600 earlier.. maybe there's more than one person doing it..

TonyHoyle

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Manchester, UK
The 2.0 betas have been unlocked but it's completely false to say that the 3G phone will be unlocked based on that.

2.0 on the 2G is unlockable primarily because of pwnage, which removes the checks from the bootloaders and allows you to upload pre-modified firmware.. with pwnage it's trivial to jailbreak any firmware (helped by the fact that the (fixed) encryption keys are now well known) , and unlock has become such a generic process there are even 'auto-unlock' programs around that can probe new basebands and find the unlock automatically.

Basically, the 2G iphone has been hacked to hell and back.

OTOH with the 3G, apple have changed all the keys (this much is known.. how I'm not sure.. I suspect apple just said it). Therefore pwnage doesn't work, and you can bet that the holes in the boot sequence that allowed it to work have been well and truly plugged.

So with the 3G It's back to square one. Depending on how clever apple have been it could be days, weeks or even months before the first unlocks appear. The ebay sellers expecting an unlock within 24 hours are hosed.

joekun

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2005
What I never understood about this video was how the guy who sold his place in line got to be second. As far as I'm concerned if you sell your place in line that means you lose your place and have to go to the back.

David G.

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Alaska
What I never understood about this video was how the guy who sold his place in line got to be second. As far as I'm concerned if you sell your place in line that means you lose your place and have to go to the back.

He had friends in spot 2 and 3.

adamerr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2008
ha.
thats hilarious...
wonder if she will try again this year.

do you think she had a major hissy fit?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.