Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bgribin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 16, 2010
I'm wondering if we should expect a live stream or not next week. I'm having trouble remembering if there was one last year. I'm thinking there wasn't but what say you?

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
I'm wondering if we should expect a live stream or not next week. I'm having trouble remembering if there was one last year. I'm thinking there wasn't but what say you?

I don't think that there was. I was planning to make a similar thread asking if this is a concept that they've probably just abandoned, because I don't remember for sure if I ever watched one of their live streams of a press announcement and somehow I have it in mind that they only did this like once or twice.

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
No, there in fact was not a live stream of the event, but the keynote was later posted to Apple's website. I'm sure you can find dozens of tech sites live blogging and tweeting during the event.

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
Wednesday is going to be rough, as I'm going to try to keep away from the news until they post their keynote video in the late afternoon or early evening, as they usually do.

This worked for me for the iPhone 4s announcement back in October. The MacRumors site even had a convenient page set up to notify when the keynote video was posted on Apple's site, spoiler free and with a direct link to the video. Please do that again next week, MacRumors! I seem to recall that solution being just perfect.

maclook

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
Wednesday is going to be rough, as I'm going to try to keep away from the news until they post their keynote video in the late afternoon or early evening, as they usually do.

This worked for me for the iPhone 4s announcement back in October. The MacRumors site even had a convenient page set up to notify when the keynote video was posted on Apple's site, spoiler free and with a direct link to the video. Please do that again next week, MacRumors! I seem to recall that solution being just perfect.

I was in a different time zone so I was sleeping when the 4S keynote was going on. It was weird waking up and seeing all the news all at once rather than the liveblogging feed which is like one detail at a time.

----------

No, there in fact was not a live stream of the event, but the keynote was later posted to Apple's website. I'm sure you can find dozens of tech sites live blogging and tweeting during the event.

Eh, live blogging is a totally different experience from watching the real thing. I love and hate looking at the screen waiting for the journalist to write something. I'll happily settle for live blogging but a stream would be awesome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.