LastFM

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by johngardiner, Jul 15, 2008.

1. johngardiner macrumors regular

Wow, seriously if you haven't checked out this app yet go download it now. I've never really used LastFM for listening to different artists while on my computer cause what's the point I have my entire iTunes library... but I just installed this app and I know I'll be using it more than any other. Unfortunately I'm in Canada and don't have unlimited data so I have to watch my usage when I'm mobile, but I'm listening to a station right now at work and it's great. It also gives a bio about the group that's playing, a list of similar artists, a list of upcoming concerts, and lets you buy the song on the iTunes music store... seriously impressive. Not sure if there was another thread on this but had to point out my love first hand haha:D

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I also downloaded this yesterday, after paying £2.99 for Nullriver's Tuner. :rolleyes:

Still, Last.FM's app blows Nullriver's out of the water.

LastFM wasn't available when I was searching for a radio streaming app, unfortunately.

£2.99 wasted. Ahh well ... lesson learnt. Wait.
    The App Store is being updated, daily.

R-Fly

3. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

It's a pretty cool app, though I was hoping for scrobbling ability for songs played on the iPod part of the phone, NOT just songs played within the Last.fm app's radios. I guess that's just not possible since the apps are sandboxed. (Last.fm's own scrobbling software screws up my Mac for some reason, so I never use it).

Still, it's better than nothing, I guess...

4. bushido Suspended

bushido

5. jalpert macrumors 6502

Don't forget about Pandora.

6. pooryou macrumors 65816

There are three different Last.FM solutions for Mac, if the official one isn't working why not try one of the other two? It will scrobble what you play on your iPhone, when you sync.

7. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I used to use last fm on my jailbroken iphone but i use pandora now but i really dont use that anyway.

ChrisN

8. propropro macrumors regular

Is your Last.fm app in iPhone crashing all the time? Mine crashes and goes back to home screen as soon as I start to listen something.. I've tried reinstalling, rebooting, etc.. but it stays the same :(

9. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I last used Last FM about two days ago and it worked fine. I never have problems with apps crashing.

10. cenetti macrumors 6502

Look at pandora and AOL's bit rate...(on 3G)
    Then look at Last Fm's bit rate....

Last Fm delivers cd quality music. Others give you mono...No comparison
    Last Fm owns.
    And OP, tuner is a great app because you can choose from hundreds of stations and you can choose the ones with 128 and higher...

I don't understand how you guys listen to (worse than FM) mono music...
    It's like mosquito buzz to my ears...

11. severe macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the heads up. And I have to agree, I could never understand the popularity of Pandora with it's audio quality.

As I've mentioned, it goes to show what's been said for years; most people just don't care about the sound quality of their music libraries. It's a shame, because otherwise the app runs well.

Of course, last time I mentioned this the following post was, "Pandora FTW.". So... yea.. go figure.

I'll have to check out LastFM. Tuner looks interesting as well. Any word on the quality of that one?

12. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

They are actually pretty different apps. Tuner plays internet radio streams, and it's got a ton! Plus you can add more. Last.fm plays, well, last.fm. I actually use Tuner and Pandora, great apps :D.