Price Advice Late '08 15" MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bunnspecial, Feb 14, 2015.

1. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

Looking at one locally, as I like the 15" form factor and would like an Intel computer with it.

In any case, the one I'm looking at has 4gb of RAM and 100 cycles on the battery. I didn't check on the hard drive, but would likely put in an SSD anyway so this is irrelevant.

It was running Yosemite when I looked at it, and actually seemed fairly useable and responsive(although I would likely downgrade to Mavericks).

Cosmetically it had a few scratches but no signs of abuse or anything else abnormal.

How would you all value this?

2. Asher133 macrumors member

To be honest with you that would be a horrible purchase that laptops 7 years old you should purchase at minimum a 2010 even though I believe that is also outdated but will last much longer

But if you must purchase it then to my knowledge paying anything over $250 would be too much

3. bunnspecial thread starter macrumors 603

bunnspecial

Thanks for the price advice.

As for the age-it doesn't bother me. I still regularly use a late '07 Black Macbook as well as a couple of Powerbooks(including a c.1999 G3 "Pismo"). My Macbook(with an SSD) does everything I ask of it and is plenty speedy.