Late 08 Macbook Battery Capacity

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sonictim, May 10, 2009.

1. sonictim macrumors newbie

I downloaded the app CoconutBattery to see how the battery in my macbook is holding up, and i got a weird answer - my current battery capacity is 4158 mAh where as the original 4100 mAh. Now is this app inaccurate, or do i need to calibrate my battery? I just found this strange, so if anyone has any answers to this i would appreciate it.
    Here is a pic - [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

The Battery is only RATED at 4100mAh capacity. It is still capable of holding a higher charge. I've had mine since the release, and my capacity 4141mAh right now.

You're doing just fine.

3. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

It all depends on whether you calibrated it when you first bought it, or whether you did the characteristics of a calibration when you first used it. You can calibrate a higher charge into the battery, as I think the 4100mAh is just an approximation, to stop most Macbook users being dissapointed with having less than the standard, they make the estimate lower than it really is. It's good if it's more than the original, means you're using it well :) Mine is usually about 300mAh more than the original.