Late 08 MBP Noise

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thekjs88, Nov 5, 2008.

1. thekjs88 macrumors member

Hey guys, I just got my replacement unibody MBP two days ago...the first one had issues with the screen flickering after it came out of sleep. This isn't an issue (I don't think), but I was just checking to make sure:

Sometimes when I pick up or tilt my mbp there is a noise coming from the right side. I think it's the hard drive or a fan, but it sounds like it's hitting something or something...just a sort of clicking sound. It doesn't do it all the time, and it never does it when it's sitting on my desk , but sometimes when I move it does.

Is this normal (this is my first Mac!)?

2. Hawaiian Starman macrumors member

The clicking sound you hear is the motion detector locking the drive in case the machine is on its way to the floor.

3. bigdb11 macrumors regular

is that actually what it is? cause i noticed it too but only sometimes even if i make the same motion.

4. stevemiller macrumors 65816

haha this is officially the most common question i've seen asked here (don't feel bad i posted asking about it too). but really there should be a sticky at the top of this board that says "don't worry! it's normal for your computer to make a 'clink' sound when you move it!"

happy holidays all :)

5. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Funny: i was just about to ask the same question this morning.

6. astudentis macrumors regular

haha wow, i was worried about the same thing two days ago... i thought it was a problem and that i'd eventually get apple care and fix it in the future... but i guess i dont have to fix it anymore