Late 08 MBP to late 08 MB

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Dsr1205, Dec 3, 2009.

?

Swap late 08 uMBP for late 08 uMB

1. Keep the unibody MBP dummy!

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Go for the lighter, smaller unibody MB

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. You're nuts! You wont notice anything but slower computing

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

Hey, so i have a MBP late 08 unibody and my sister has a unibody MB late 08 aswell. I'm a college student and find myself moving all the time and feel like the size and weight (5.5lbs) of my MBP is too much to carry everyday. My sister doesnt move much, much less than me and would only benefit by upgrading. Am i acting crazy about the size and weight, and will i not notice a difference? or would the smaller, lighter unibody macbook be a better option for my lots of movement lifestyle? What do you think?

2. jmelick07 macrumors member

I'm in the opposite boat as you. I have a late 08 MB that if given an opportunity I would love to upgrade to a MBP... Though I will admit the weight is nice, I don't think its as nice as the extra speed that you get with the pro. Though if you wanna trade hit me up lol

3. bimmerfreak0 macrumors member

I mean I love mine in college for the mobility....but it's very small when you are using two documents at once, for comparison viewing

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

There's only 1lb difference between the 13 and the 15" model. I doubt it's going to be a very noticeable change.