Late '13 iMac refurbs available

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Nismo73, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

Yep, a week after I ordered my 680 refurb, the 780 refurb is now available, of course. Was thinking not until February!

2. Bear macrumors G3

I didn't think it would be this soon either. Hrm. To order now or wait until Feb like I was thinking I'd have to (and therefore was planning around).

3. jordanm86 macrumors regular

I'm not at all surprised... I have already returned two new machines - third one to be delivered today! I reckon the refurbs are probably better as they have had faults diagnosed, parts replaced and quality control inspected more than the new machines.

4. Bear macrumors G3

Also, with the savings I can get the system I want instead of the one I can justify in terms of needs. The i7/780M/3TB Fusion refurbished costs less than the i5/780M/1TB Fusion new.

5. Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

Nothing in the UK refurb store and no 21" iMacs yet unfortunately - though there haven't been many of the 21" 2012 models in the UK recently anyway.

Looks like I may just go for a new one while I can take advantage of the interest free credit offer. Also, annoyingly, you only get a mouse with the refurbs and can't swap for a trackpad.

Now I need to decide whether or not to upgrade both processor and RAM, just the RAM or nothing.

6. macbookman83 macrumors 6502

I ordered a 21 inch base model on the 4th....... should be arriving on monday the 16th.

7. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

Totally ordering a i7/780M model now.. That's like $400+ in savings!

8. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

Apparently they all got snatched up.. Went to order and it's no longer on the site. I picked up a brand new one (with student discount) in store.. I didn't realize/think Apple actually sold the "Ultimate" iMac in store. I don't know if thats considered ultimate but best CPU, best GPU and 3TB Fusion drive is pretty close.