Late 13 or mid 14 model?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Modrisco89, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Modrisco89 macrumors newbie

Modrisco89

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Modrisco, they will all perform pretty similar to be honest, the chips have not changed very much at all since 2013 (practically no difference between the 2013 and 2014). The 2015 have force touch, 2x as fast PCIe SSD's and better graphics, if those things mean nothing to you then buy what you like it makes little difference.

We can't really advise you on specs as you have given us no information about how you plan to use your computer.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What's your intended uses for the computer, i.e., apps you'll be running?

4. Weaselboy, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015

Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_pro/13

For another £10 you can get that 2014 model as a refurb direct from Apple and still get the same full warranty you would get with a new Mac. Looks like the eBay model only comes with a 60 day warranty from the seller.

Like Samuelsan2001 said, the 2013 and 2014 models are practically the same. Unless you really need the larger 256GB drive size in the 2013, I would get the 2014 refurb from Apple.

5. vinylretina macrumors member

vinylretina

My MBP is a mid-2014 and I have never been dissatisfied with it from the moment I opened the box. If Force Touch makes it or breaks it for you, then perhaps you should go with a new one. However, I think that is hardly a reason to spend the extra money.

The only thing I would take into consideration is spending a little extra money and going for the refurb through Apple. That way you know for sure that you're not getting a lemon passed on to you.

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I still have the late 2013 model, I don't believe anything changed in 2014 except a processor bump. It definitely wasn't the new architecture (still haswell).

7. snaky69 macrumors 603

What are your uses for a computer? Without that info nobody can make recommendations.

The 13" hasn't changed much in the last 3 years. You'd be hard pressed to notice an actual performance difference between them even under the threat of a gun to your temple.

8. Modrisco89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Modrisco89

Decided to fork out the cash for a 2015 retina pro 13" in the end, thanks for all the help, don't know what I'll be using it for, but I said ill get the best a man can get for a price I can afford.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member