late 2006 white/black MacBook hybrid

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by firelighter487, Sep 13, 2015.

1. firelighter487 macrumors member

firelighter487

Hi everybody i have a late 2006 white MacBook that i use as my daily driver. I had a cool idea and need your advice to know if it's possible. I want to purchase a late 2006 black MacBook top case, and swap over the power button, black keys and black trackpad to my white one, because i think its going to look really cool. Is this possible to do using those parts?

2. Greene macrumors regular

Greene

The keys and the power button shouldn't be a problem, I'm unsure about the trackpad. My instinct is it'll work, never tried though.

3. RUGGLES99 macrumors 6502

2006, why? it doesnt seem worth the effort or the expense. It' just a dated,and pretty much worthless. Why not just update to today's technology, not one that's almost a decade old.

4. iMacC2D, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  5. Greene macrumors regular

Greene

The keyboard should be relatively easy, as the keys themselves can be popped off and swapped without needing to disassemble the machine / swap the keyboard itself.

6. firelighter487 thread starter macrumors member

firelighter487

i'm doing this because even though my macbook is almost 10 years old, its the most reliable machine i've used. i have had several pc's while owning this laptop, and they've all crashed or broken. i'm now thinking it's best to just order a black and a white top case, and practice on my old one, because it is indeed cracked. if i fail at practiing, i can at least have a new white one.

7. firelighter487 thread starter macrumors member

firelighter487

i'm doing this because even though my macbook is almost 10 years old, its the most reliable machine i've used. i have had several pc's while owning this laptop, and they've all crashed or broken. i'm now thinking it's best to just order a black and a white top case, and practice on my old one, because it is indeed cracked. if i fail at practicing, i can at least have a new white one.

8. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

Check out the "PowerPC Hub" on utube..."FF-Class MacBook" 3 parts...

9. firelighter487 thread starter macrumors member

firelighter487

that's where my idea came from :)

but he used a different model