Late 2007 Mac Pro 64Bit Win7 Sony Vegas Problem

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by funkytwig, Jan 17, 2011.

1. funkytwig macrumors member

Hi,

I have managed to get 64Bit win7 Running fine on a late Mac Pro 2007. I did not even need to use the bootcamp drivers, it seems to work fine. Well almost.

I have installed Sony Vegas 10 and it seems to be able to load most of my projects fine. I am however having problems with one of my projects. When I load it the CPU is being used for a few minutes then it just hangs.

Could this be a 64 bit problem. Ime guessing if I can get 64Bit win7 running and install 64vit software this kind of proves there is no compatibility issue?

Should I try the bootcamp drivers?

Regards,
    Ben

2. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

No harm in installing the drivers. I'm curious to know how you managed to use Windows 7 without the Boot Camp drivers. I can barely use my Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro without the drivers installed.

3. funkytwig thread starter macrumors member

I did end up installing the drivers but it did not help. When I clicked on the main bootcamp program it said my current installation was not supported for 64 bit. However when I run the driver install programs separately most of them worked (I run them all and there were drivers for both Nvedia and ATI so I am not surprised some failed).

Not sure why I was running well without bootcamp, I guess Microsoft had drivers for most of my hardware. The graphics card had been updated to a more contemporary mac and win7 loves it.

Think I may have to go the hackingtosh route;).

Ben

Ben